Monday, July 30, 2018

A simple life

I have always lived a simple life.
One where what I had was more than enough.
Growing up in The Bronx made that easy.
No  expectations of a grand life we just lived.
A simple life full of struggles and laughter.

How can one laugh at this sort of life you say?
Finding no quick way to change it made us crafty.
My Mother found ways to strech our meger resources.
My Father on the other hand Drank his all up.
His never ending pride is now eating him up in his old age.

The things l learned from that part of my life  are still in me.
Find a way to make the best out of the worst.
How to just be happy to have what you do.
Be grateful for what is given to you it may have some use.
Be smart ,be kind to others, share what you have.

This simple life of not having has made me.
Its made me into a caring person who ask nothing.
A person who cares about those who have less.
I put others ahead of me , I put those in need in my mind.
I never want to forget how I grew up.

Living in Ct. has been strange for me.
All this Keeping up with the trends is not for me.
Reeling in my kids from the little Clicks in school.
Wanting things that they didn't need.
No you can't have those shoes too expensive.

Having an Ex who needed a new car to be happy.
Things like this don't impress me at all .
Keeping up with the Jones is not me.
Now show me someone who makes life work.
A life that I recognize a life I respect a life I live.

I've had my want to throw in the towel days.
And I've had my great  great days.
I've had days  I want to bury my head and start over .
But I've gotten up and just kept going.
A simple life is what I do keeping it such is fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...