Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Little Mermaid

A few weeks ago as I entered the pool area at work.
I saw that it was almost empty except for 1 swimmer.
She was so graceful in her strokes as she swam up the lane.
I stood there looking at her amazed so beautiful the sight.
I entered the pool in my favorite lane right beside her.

I did a few laps and was still in awe as she swam by.
As we paused for a momet I told her she was a great swimmer.
Smiling and talking  little bit I told her I was self taught.
I also told her I wished I could swim like her so perfectly.
We swam for a while more and waved good bye.

Saw her again in the locker room later on and spoke again.
She was so tiny for an 8 year old like a little mermaid on leggs.
I told her I would never swim like her she was so good.
She looked at me right in the eye and said she would  help me.
I looked at her astonished with a huge smile I hugged her.

Next time I went for a swim she was in the pool again.
She was 2 lanes away from me and moved over when I got in.
She wanted to swim next to me again she said with a grin.
So we swam together again enjoying the company in the water.
As I looked over to her lane I smiled at my new little friend.

I loved swimming along side her trying to keep up with her.
Seemed like our schedules were the same for the pool
We would swim side by side a few more times.
Me trying to keep up with her and her slowing to to my pace.
I got to look foward to this it was almost like a game.

She is back in school now I swim alone now inspired.
Yesterday I got there too early too much free time before work.
As I got in I remembered I had made  goal to do a mile by September.
I had pushed this away thought no way too soon not ready.
I looked at the water and thought no way not today.

Then Alina the little Mermaid smiling came to my mind.
I got in still unsure counting laps in my  head as I swam.
Looking at the clock  keeping track of my pace but not rushing.
Got to lap 64 and just kept going knowing my body would rebel.
When all said and done did 70 laps in 50 minutes my personal best.

Inspiration I have learned  comes in ANY form look it's there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...