Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Words Won't Come Today

The words won't come today. 
Even if I try they're keeping to the shadows.
They're sleeping inside safe and sound.
Waiting silently ready to feel the way out.

Those words won't come to me right now.
It wasn't so long ago I found them.
Flying out of me intense and unafraid.
At last they cried in the newfound freedom.

The words won't come today.
Not forever lost just waiting in the shade.
Giving me a chance to begin a new day.
Quietly they sit getting restless.

The words won't come today.
They allow me to be strong by staying.
Never fade away they will shine again.
Soon I say to them but not today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how

 Tell me how to leave how to leave you behind How can I  escape the part of me that is you Show me how to close my eyes and not dream Help m...