Monday, July 9, 2018

ER

I have spent more than my share of life in emergency rooms.
Since I was 21 they have played a huge part of my life.
I have learned that the chair by the bed isn't the place to sit.
Nurses and Dr's comming and going blood being drawn.

Blood sugars checked information given and taken in.
So familiar the questions asked and answers given.
Learned how to nap on a  hard chair while waiting.
Learned to carry a tea bag there always hot water somewhere.

A scraped knee never seemed to be the case in our visits.
Always fear that is eased by an I V bag.
At least blood sugars  won't bottom out I can breathe at this.
Scared girls who didn't deserve this.

Most of my life there has been insulin in the fridge.
Blood sugars checkeked almost around the clock.
Screams when they went too low.
The rush trying to get them up again.

The trip to the hospital holding on tightly.
The relief of help so quickly given.
Thank god for this place .
All too familiar all too much a part of our lives.

I have learned to be at ease here.
Things I don't want to hear hit me here.
But I can dance this dance with my eyes closed.
Its part of what's made us strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...