Thursday, July 19, 2018

Some Days

I wear my heart on my sleeve way too much.
I see people all day long and am seen in return.
It's getting to be a bit of a juggle keeping myself in check.
Keep a straight face, keep my composure ,keep my cool.

Anyone that really knows me knows I'm easy frazzled.
The things that affect me hit me hard be it good or bad.
This is not a curse but yet another gift .
A gift in the sense it makes me feel more human.

Its a hard job pretending to have my wits about me.
Some days I'm lucky I get lost in my work.
Some days I can hardly contain a smile.
Some days just glow with the promise I'll get by.

My emotions rule me that isn't bad is it.
They lived behind a shell I  built to protect them.
There out now and raw in my face raw.
So I put up this public  persona to face the world.

It works most of the time a least I hope it does.
The feeling I get from this is lacking.
Like an alter ego pretending to be me.
A person I play so well lines all memorized.

This ability is slowly creeping away from me.
At an even faster pace than I can handle.
I won't read those line any more I can't.
I have to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...