Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Quiet Dawns

I don't sleep well no matter how hard I try.
I've actually given up on having a normals night of rest.
I've blamed it on hormones I've blamed it on shit.
The stuff in everyday life that stays in your head.
The things that a goods night sleep can't solve.

Most of the time it's just imagined scenarios in my head.
I laugh when people say you just have to sleep on it.
Don't they get it no sleep not exactly but very little.
I read somewhere that they are people who do ok without it.
I don't mean they don't sleep but  need very little.

I do get things done in the early hours of my days.
From cleaning up to finishing up what ever project I can.
I've come to  cherish those quiet hours before dawn.
I write in thease mornings ,I listen to my ever present music.
Coffiee , my tablet, my couch, my phone nearby.

The hours go slowly the night disappearing in slow rise.
I love looking out the window as dawns glow apears.
I hear the birds welcoming the new day in song.
The trees moving in the slight breeze.
Their rustling adding to the mornings concert.

Quiet time to calm my mind to soothe me.
Sleep is not missed in thease still hours.
Why do people think you can only rest when asleep.
I have found that tranquil place in my days here.
Sleep is not missed I rest with open  eyes in the quiet dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...