Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Swim

I'm a self taught swimmer not the best but I get it done.
The Russian swim instructor at work tried to teach me and gave up.
Not that it was impossible but he saw it was my way or nothing.
So I took his tips and swim to my own beat now.

With flippers on my feet go nowhere without them in the water.
My silly swim cap on glasses safely  tucked away ,
The water isn't too cold it caresses me as I jump in my lane.
I dunk my head under to ease the shock of it nonetheless.

Then the magic takes me over laps to be counted in my head.
I try to be calm and let the pace come to me slowly at first.
The stroke of my arms the kick of my legs increase lap by lap.
The breaths I take going from slow to almost sharp inhaled qlups.

The serenity of the pool the sound of the water being pushed away.
The echo like feeling in the huge  cavernous room.
The feeling of bliss which I have likened to sex.
Like a lovers arms the liquid the surrounds me.

I wish I could swim more like other people.
The beauty in their form their perfect turns under the water.
The controlled movement's of bodies as they glide back and forth.
Then I remind my self that those people aren't me.

Another gift I feel I gave to me just me.
Swimming my filler of empty time wished spent elsewhere.
But having fallen under its hypnotic spell I relish it now.
Yes it calls to me that water that pool of freshness.

It says to me come and be free in its embrace.
So I swim , breathe. Stroke , savor each second.
I come away calm , clearer mind, heart racing.
Ready for what the day brings till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...