Saturday, July 21, 2018

Wine

I am not an avid wine drinker by a long shot.
I enjoy the weekend bottle of wine at the most.
Whatever is cheap a gift from a friend don't matter.
Just drank for buzz of it at first but then it became a search.

The hunt for that wine that taste like ambrosia.
The nectar of the gods the bottle you wish would never end.
A flavor so rich and full on your tounge that it coats it.
Lots to try when you know almost nothing about it.

What i do know is having found my perfect bottle I wanted more.
I went back as soon as I could 2 bottles home put away.
The problem it's call to my taste buds the rich honey of it.
My stock pile down to 0 I  went back and there was no more.

So now I think I understand why we keep drinking it.
We are searching for our own individual ambrosia
So the flavors may be good to some and not others.
The perfect blend for everyone is different.

I rather enjoy the search feels like I can dysect the wine.
I can taste the sweetness the tartness the heaviness of it.
I can taste the fruits and the richness of the grapes.
The smell also tells of its nature it's soil.

No I am no expert at all no  sommelier of fine wine.
Let me keep searching for that elusive bottle.
The one who will fill me with a mouthful of pleasure.
And a victory dance at having found it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...