Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Reunion 08/14/2018

I was just getting ready for bed thinking should I text him.
Trying not to be too clingy to obsessed as I had been feeling.
I knew we were ok so if no goodnight didn't matter much.
This relationship with no name this love affair was still alive.
After a weekend of self doubt and  wrecked nerves.
I felt quite calm about things between us it was ok.

Texting sweet good night has become a ritual.
Tonight I thought if he does I will too.
When I heard my phone beep I thought good it's him.
Checked my text no ,an email open the said email.
Was confused a picure of the sign outside my townhouse.
I looked at it confused WTF and then my heart started racing.

Couldn't find my phone fast enough couldn't find his icon.
With fingers that had lost their feeling I taped it.
Ring ring ring he answered Hello his usual greeting,.
I almost couldn't speak WHERE ARE YOU I  asked in disbelif.
I'M parked outside he said...
I said dont move and scrambled into my clothes.

Couldn't find two matching shoes had my shirt on inside out.
Finally all dressed I scrambled down through my son's room.
My son looked at me in disbelif  J is here was all I said.
I manged to get outside and couldn't spot him so I called him.
He answered again I could hear the smile in his voice.
I finally spotted him walking towards me I was dazed.

As he got closer I could make out the outline his face.
A face I hadn't seen in 40 years eyes I hadn't gazed at.
Face to face finally we embraced a hug so tender yet hard.
Pulling away after what seemed like hours we looked at each other.
Smiles so big on our faces they lit up the night sky  like  fireworks .
Another endless hug kisses  wherever they landed bliss.

I took his hand and said this house is a mess so sorry.
He replied I didn't come to see your house you know.
Introduced him to my son and dragged him up to my room.
Stood face to face and looked deeply into his eyes I saw home.
His wonderful smile his  sweet sweet lips on mine OMG.
We stood there kissing like teenagers for what seemed like forever.

This was the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me.
Finally sitting on the sofa we looked at each other in awe.
I couldnt let him go so I pulled in for yet another hug.
I kissed his forhead and rested mine on it for the contact alone.
I can't really recall what was said I only knew YES in my head YES
Our lips finding each others again this time not rushing.

The reunion 40 years in the making finally fulfilled.
I was right love love love I can breathe now I told him.
His smile so big it made me love him all the more.
Not too much time we spoke of nothing,everything .
This miriacle started by a glance and revived by a letter.
This miriacle I can finally believe is real.

I asked him what he did with the letter but I already knew.
I told him I have the original it's your I'll keep it for you.
He smiled at that and kissed me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...