Tuesday, August 28, 2018

RED

RED has been an almost constant presence in my life.
The color speaks to me gives me courage makes me feel strong.
Its shades almost ever present in what is around me.
How can such a bold color calm and soothe me so much.
I can't say but always has.

Where ever I go in my house I can spy a hint of it somewhere.
A little vase , a lumpy throw pillow the small round rug.
Little tidbits of the color all around all the time.
Mismatched  pieces of furniture painted brick red.
Putting together my room.

More red than I have ever allowed  came to live here.
Throw in even more and Bang the Red Room.
I've had to throw in some yellows, oranges and greens.
It can be  little too much but it's mine as I like it.
My basket of bears smiling at the result.

My sister knowing my passion for the color.
Threw in  chairs a  coffiee table and a spread for the bed.
All in that bold hue once again enough I tnink.
So powerful so peaceful I feel here in this room.
With bold colors mixing in with it all.

The color is worn by me every day like some  talisman.
My good luck,help me feel strong, liftme up go to ritual.
I try not to over wear it but it has so many shades I love.
My favorite pair of earings  a simple hanging ruby red bead.
Lookng like they came from another era.

Not by choice but my favorite bird is the Cardinal.
I have gotten to know their song and can find one easily.
Been lucky to have them around where I live.
Their red feathers a sight to be seen against a blue sky.
Even resting they are regal.

Red so strong a hue so rich it's flavors it's life.
You bring me passion you give me stregenth.
Blood is red maybe it's reminding me to live.
Guiding me when I need that little push .
Always around me reminding .

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...