Monday, March 4, 2019

This Journey

This journey has been a long long one.
Measured in years, months and weeks all missed.
It wasn't mapped out for us just one step at a time.
Lives lived in fullness of fate and happenstance.
Of choices made in good faith filled with hope.

The world spun and time passed and we lived.
Our time here spent as we held our feet to the ground.
Trying to feel the joy the sensation of a good life.
Loving as we could praying this is real all along.
Lying to ourselves so lonelyness wouldn't win.

Who are we trying to place in front of ourselves.
Are we not worth a little self care self love.
Take that time and look at what lies ahead.
Is this what is left after all this time nothing.
Can we demand just one true thing to be real.

Dare we dream in colors that shine in bright lights.
Can we not say enough I have done my best.
Take time for you for me see what we already know.
Secure in each other in what this adventure holds.
This journey goes on but now we know the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...