Friday, November 20, 2020

Lasting

 How does one measure lasting love.

How do you count how much is enough.

When eternity is the winner in the game.

Played while I was unaware.


How long did I wait anticipating nothing

How my heart called out that memory.

Tucked away inside my broken soul.

It held no hope of you ever loving me. 


How many years of stillness in my heart.

How many  thoughts of you always.

Insanity took a hold at last  tell him it said.

Careful words told what had to be heard.


How did I did not know that this is forever. 

How can I feel it as if I'd always known.

My heart and soul knew the answers.

Forever was the secret all along.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The ring

 I saw it the moment you sat on my couch your Ring. The one that screamed this one is Taboo Run. I tried not to look at it I knew what it me...